- Producer: Raphael Vion
- Director Of Photography: Lionel Cousin
- Music: Christian Polloni
- Cinematographer: Lionel Cousin
- Editor: Claire Pinheiro
- Running Time: 90 min
- Genre: Drama
· In Amiens International Festival and Mar del Plata Film Festival (1996), Zeka Laplaine won the OCIC Award - Honorable Mention
· In Namur International Festival of French-Speaking (1996), Zeka Laplaine won CICAE Award. And Macadam Tribu was nominated Best Film ( Meilleur Film Francophone)(2).
The colorul lives of neighbors living with an impoverished African urban neighborhood, provide the basis of this episodic drama. The neighborhood's central wateringhole is Papa Sandu's. There the people come to gossip, empathize and look for hope. Mother Bavusi and her sons Mike, Kapa and Duka are central characters at the bar. Mike is a mechanic while Kapa is a boxer. Duka resulted from an affair between his mother and Sandu. Most of the ensuing vignettes begin and end in the bar. ~ Sandra Brennan, Rovi (1).
“Macadam Tribu.” Moz’Art. Centre National De Production Cinématographique (CNPC), Bamako (Mali) / FLAMINGO FILMS, n.d. Web. 8 Dec. 2014.
- “Awards.” IMDb. IMDb.com, n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2014.